No Hidden Fees
Fees and Payment Options:
There are No Hidden Costs at Center Stage. We want you to have the ability to calculate everything you will be responsible for the year so there won't be any surprises. Note: this does not include optional events such as competition, special performances in Disney or similar, or private lessons.
There are five primary sources of financial obligations to consider when enrolling at Center Stage:
B. Registration Fee
C. Recital Fees
D. Nutcracker Fees
E. Dance Uniforms and Shoes
A. Tuition Fee:
Tuition is due on the first of each month.
Tuition Payment Options: There are two payment options for tuition:
Option 1: Pre-pay Annual Tuition:
Pre-pay your annual tuition by October 1st and you receive a 10% discount for the full year! Please make your selection on your student's information page no later than September 24th. If you have more than one child, please select on each child's information page. This option can be paid by cash/check (by 9/29) or debit/credit card on file will be processed for year's balance on October 1st.
Option 2: Monthly Tuition Payments:
Tuition is automatically deducted from your credit or debit card on file. The first payment is due when classes begin on September 10th and all other payments will be automatically processed on the 1st of each month from October thru May. All families must maintain an active debit or credit card on file.
B. Registration Fee:
There is a $30.00 annual registration fee per family due at registration. Your registration will be automatically canceled if payment is not processed.
C. Recital Fees: Costume Agreement and Payment Options:
In addition to monthly tuition, each family will be assessed a Recital Fee which includes the price of costumes for each dance your child will perform in during the May recital, new tights, a T-Shirt to be worn in the finale, a video download of the recital, and new female students will also need a hairpiece. A breakdown of your individual child’s/children’s bill will be given to you at end of November once your class selections have been finalized. These fees are non-negotiable.
In November we will begin ordering costumes for each class/discipline your child is enrolled in. The price per costume is $80 for dancers in a combo class and $85 for older students. Tights are $12 per pair ($25 for bodysuits worn by the Excel team) and the finale t-shirt is $12. New female students will also need a hairpiece to be worn with their bun during the show at the price of $12. This is a one time purchase and is worn for future years. The Recital Fee also includes a video download fee per family of our Recital.
Each family is required to reserve and then purchase online a minimum of two tickets to the May recital at a cost of $20 each. The sale of these tickets covers the rental fee for the auditorium and other costs associated with producing our great end of the year performance and this number of tickets is non-negotiable. A link and further information will be sent in the Spring regarding how/where to purchase your recital tickets, all tickets will be purchased online.
Recital Fee Payment Options:
Please choose one of the following Recital Fee payment options on your student's information page by November 15th and your online account will be updated with charges accordingly.
Option 1: One time payment - 100% of the recital bill to be paid by December 15th at a discount of 5%. Cash/check/debit card by 12/13 or credit cards on file will be processed on 12/15.
Option 2: Four Payments - Your bill will be broken down into 4 equal payments as follows:
Payments will be automatically processed with your card on file on the 15th of each month from December thru March.
As always, no costumes or other recital purchases will be given until 100% of all balances are up to date. NO exceptions will be made.
D. Nutcracker Fees:
The studio performs the Nutcracker every other year and 2021 is a Nutcracker year! This fun community building holiday performance involves every student. Unlike the May performance, the dancers will rent the costumes they will wear in this show. This helps to keep the costs down for our families and makes things easier to organize. The rental fee covers the cost of dry cleaning each costume which we must do per the board of health each time it is worn. The rental fee is $25 for each costume your child will be wearing. This $25 fee will automatically be processed and added to your account once costumes/dances have been determined for each class and are due December 1st. There is not a rental fee for our 3/4 and 4/5 year old combo classes who wear their own holiday attire. Costumes will be given out in December.
E. Dance Uniforms/Shoes:
Please see the Dress Code section on our website (http://www.centerstagequincy.com) for specific guidelines about class attire expectations.
Now that GAFS/Denise has closed her brick and mortar location, I want to make things as easy for everyone as possible. Below you’ll find some helpful information regarding any new dance shoes or dance wear you may need.
- I have shoes!: I purchased all the shoes fitting our dress code that Denise had left in stock so if you need anything and want to email me first, I can check what we have at the studio to simplify your life.
- DISCOUNT DANCE INFO: I created an online store for us with Discount Dance. This store carries everything you would need with the exception of a few items. When you need shoes or other items, please use the link below and you will go straight to our Center Stage Online store. You can click on the class title your dancer is in to see what shoes and dance wear they need. Please know that a few items are different than what we currently wear such as the pink ballet dress for our tiniest dancers. There is no need to purchase something different until your dancer has outgrown what you have now.
- The link to our online store at Discount Dance is https://www.discountdance.com/search/teacherid:37618?tp=37618
- You can also plug in the Studio/Teacher ID #37618 to reach our site. On the home page hit “Teachers” in the upper left corner and then hit “Find Your Teacher”
- Please Keep an eye out for for the specifics of each item. When you click on a particular class you may see “Class Notes” up near the Center Stage logo. Also, when you click on a specific item I have made a “Teacher Note” for you which shows up under the “Add to Bag” button. This will tell you what color you should purchase and if the item is optional etc.
- Students who wear the Teal Ballet Leotard from GAFS: For now, I did not add an option for the Teal Ballet Leotard and Skirt that our upper level ballerinas wear on the Discount Dance site. Because Denise has been screen printing the skirts with our logo we will stick with her for that. If you need a new one please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can be paid directly on her Venmo account which is @Denise-Rizo.
- Pointe Shoes: For those of you who are done growing and know what shoe you need to purchase, you can go directly to the Capezio or Bloch website or even to Discount Dance and order what you need. For everyone else who still needs official fittings you can try Dancer’s Image in Newton http://www.dancersimage.com, or the Capezio Store in Wellesley https://www.capezio.com/capezio-wellesley-massachusetts.
Our tuition is billed monthly September through May. Monthly tuition is calculated based on age group and the length of each weekly session.
3/4 & 4/5 year old Ballet/Tap Combo ~ 1 hour ~ $59
5/6 & 7/8 year old Ballet/Tap/Jazz Combo ~ 1 1/2 hour ~ $84
Petite Ballet/Tap/Jazz Combo ~ 2 hours ~ $129
Tumbling ~ 45 minutes ~ $49
Acro ~ 1 hour ~ $59
Musical Theatre ~ 1 hour ~ $59
Hip Hop ~ 45 minutes ~ $49
Hip Hop ~ 1 hour ~ $69
Contemporary ~ 1 hour ~ $69
Excel ~ 1 1/2 hour ~ $79
Excel Tap/Jazz Combo ~ 1 1/2-3/4 hour ~ $89
Ballet ~ 1 hour ~ $69
Ballet ~ 1 1/4 hour ~ $79
Ballet ~ 1 1/2 - 3/4 ~ $89
Pot Luck ~ 1 hour ~ $69
Students enrolled in 3 classes will receive a 10% discount on the 3rd class, and 20% off any additional classes. Excel is excluded from these discounts.
Maximum monthly tuition is capped at $375 per student.
Second child receives $15 discount per month.
Third/fourth child receives 50% discount per month.